Thursday, February 28, 2008

...watching the Cactus League opener.

I'm in another world. Just like that. Magic. One day I'm in Minnesota. In the midst of winter. And three hours later, I'm in Arizona. In the sun. And in an hour, I'll be headed to the Chicago Cubs exhibition game opener with San Francisco. Expecting this will be the start of a grand and glorious season for the Cubs. The team's first World Series championship in 100 years. Yes, the last time was 1908. The Cubs are due. Once every 100 years. They go all the way in 1908. And then again in 2008. And I can look foward to 2108, too. When I'll be watching the series from my perch in Paradise. But meanwhile, I'll be in Paradise today....watching the Cactus League opener. --Jim Broede

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jim,


May you enjoy your time in the sun..with the cubs..No one deserves it more..my friend..Love Rosie