Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Was she serious, or just kidding?

I've never been much for hot drinks. Coffee. Tea. Hot chocolate. They've never really turned me on that much. I have coffee sometimes after dinner. It's nice to socialize with a cup of coffee in hand. Just sipping. To be sociable. And if I'm having breakfast with someone, I might have coffee. But I rarely have it when I'm eating alone. Strange, isn't it? Jeanne would make coffee virtually every day at home. But I rarely drank it. At home, that is. I'd more likely have coffee if we went out. When I was growing up, mother discouraged us from drinking coffee. Suggesting it wasn't good for us. That it would stunt growth. Funny. She pointed to short kids living down the street. And suggested that they were short because they were allowed to drink coffee. I'm not sure if mother was serious, or if she was just kidding. --Jim Broede

No comments: