Thursday, April 17, 2008

...the true nature of friendship.

When I have a friend, I try to stick by the friend. For instance, if the friend is a minister, such as Jeremiah Wright, and he says something controversial, or something I disagree with, that's absolutely no reason to write him off. I'd still consider him a friend. Hillary Clinton, however, said she'd renounce such a friendship and even leave his church. Barrack Obama, on the other hand, would keep him as a friend and stay in the church. Seems to me that Obama is the one that understands the true nature of friendship. --Jim Broede

1 comment:

Broede's Broodings said...

Funny thing. I could be on friendly terms with people with whom I disagree. On all sorts of issues. Ideological and otherwise. Even moral issues. I wonder if that makes me strange. I don't require a friend to think like me, or to even share the same values. --Jim Broede