Tuesday, June 24, 2008

...love for all of creation.

I'm in love with the heavens. With Paradise. Yes, with the unknown. With the far reaches of the cosmos. I speculate about what lies beyond. That's what furthers my belief in god. And in the spirit world. In other dimensions. Life beyond anything we humans can fathom. To me, it's romantic. Just to conceive of the unlimited size of the cosmos. The infinite. The fact that we're seeing creation that's billions of light years away. Think of that. Light traveling at 186,000 miles a second. And it takes 50,000 years for that light to cross our Milky Way galaxy. And this is only one of billions of galaxies. How can that be? Imagine the enormity of it all. And now we are discovering that most all of the billions of stars (suns) in our galaxy have planets. And many of them with earth-like planets. The possibility of life must abound. All kinds of life. Humans. And intelligent life that far surpasses our human intelligence. Or so I'd like to think. And hey, for us humans to be a part of it. Wonderful. Wonderful. Wonderful. Oh, I so much want to live forever. In one form or another. Just so I can experience the vastness of space and life and time. Yes, I feel that I was created to live. And to love. To feel much of what god feels. Because that is the way god would have it. A desire to share his very being. To be able to attain the feeling of love for all of creation. --Jim Broede

No comments: