Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Such as, I am in love.

My Chicago Cubs are in a slump, so to speak. They've lost 4 straight. For the first time this season, I think. But I'm not particularly concerned. Tell you the truth, I'd rather see them finish second and qualify for the wild card team that advances to the playoffs in 4 weeks. Despite their recent losing ways, the Cubs are still in first place. By 4 1/2 games. But I think there's pressure in being the front runner, or the team with the best record. I'd rather see the Cubs underachieve a bit in the regular season, and then turn it on for the playoffs. Of course, I want them in the playoffs. But not necessarily as the favored team. It's the team that peaks in the end that usually makes it all the way. Anyway, I'm not getting uptight. Because my life is filled with more important things than the Cubs. Such as, I am in love. --Jim Broede

No comments: