Tuesday, September 2, 2008

...the way I want to live forever.

Thank gawd, I've lived to 72. Because I'm finally learning how to live. One day at a time. And in love. Every single day, I remind myself I'm in love. And when it comes to love, I've reached a new plateau. I learned so very much about the nature of love during my 36 years married to Jeanne. But Jeanne died. Almost 2 years ago. However, Jeanne taught me a lot about love. Especially in her last 3 years of life. When I was her care-giver. She taught me about unconditional love. And to keep pursuing love for the rest of my life. That is what makes life worthwhile. Love. Love. Love. I'm in love with a dear woman. And with life. I live each day as if it's the way I want to live forever. --Jim Broede

1 comment:

Broede's Broodings said...

I think it's the German philosopher Friedrich Nietzsche that had the idea of eternal recurrence. That maybe we live our lives over and over and over again. For eternity. So, what he was saying, I guess, is that we should try to live our lives as if we are going to live them over again. Exactly the same way. For some of us, that may be a scary thought. But I'm not scared. --Jim