Wednesday, September 3, 2008

...to enjoy virtually every day.

Here it is Sept. 3. And already I'm feeling the touch of autumn in Minnesota. Today's high is in the 60s. And it'll be 45 to 50 tonight. Yes, pleasant weather. People in warmer climates may think of it as cool. Time to pull out the sweaters and jackets. And maybe at nighttime, I'll do just that. But hey, I'm a change-of-seasons guy. I like it when summer moves into autumn. And autumn into winter. And winter into spring. And spring into summer. Variety. Change is wonderful. I don't even mind the snow and cold in winter. Because it doesn't last forever. And this winter I'm thinking about going to Corsica and Sardinia. And quite possibly, in March, to spring training again with the Chicago Cubs in Arizona. I enjoy life. No matter where. In the Italian and Swiss Alps. In the deserts of the American Southwest. Sure has been nice to have been born on planet Earth. Oh, yes, I know there's turmoil and wars and people ill and starving to death. That's part of life, too, I guess. But I'll take the pluses and minuses and find ways to enjoy virtually every day. --Jim Broede

No comments: