Thursday, October 30, 2008

The best way to combat fear.

I laugh at people who tell me that they are scared of Barack Obama. Because he might associate with a handful of people considered by conservatives as un-American or anti-American. Heck, the subversive tag could even apply to me. I'm on the political left. And I'm not even a Christian. Instead, I'm a free-thinker. So, I suppose if I go out on Halloween, people will run scared. Because I'm different. And I have a sense of humor, too. I think it's downright funny that I could scare anyone. Or for that matter, it's even more funny that Obama could scare a little old lady. The guy is brilliant. Kind. A genius. An idealist. And politically astute. Meanwhile, I try not to be scared of John McCain and Sarah Palin. I'm trying to see their funny sides. Sometimes, that's the best way to combat fear. Start laughing. --Jim Broede

No comments: