Friday, October 31, 2008

He's found a way.

Maybe one reason I like Barack Obama is because he has two strikes against him. And he's still able to overcome. To succeed. I am expecting that on Tuesday he will be elected president of the USA. If he isn't, I will be disappointed. Chagrined. Despondent. Obama is considered to be black. Albeit, he had a white mother. But in the USA, it's always been a handicap to be black. Because this has been a white supremacy society. Blacks have been subjugated. Mistreated. Denied basic human and civil rights. The situation has improved in recent years. But not nearly enough. Far too many people will vote against Obama merely because he's black. Yes, some also will vote for him because he's black. Because they think it's about time. And it is. But I'm voting for Obama because I like his ideas. His make-up. His character. And the fact that he's found a way to hit a homerun with two strikes against him. --Jim Broede

No comments: