Sunday, October 12, 2008

I believe...beyond a doubt.

Faith. That's an interesting word. Lots of people believe in god based on faith. I'm not sure that I have faith. But I still believe. I guess it's because I want to believe. That's different than faith. I want to believe because I'm a romantic. I believe that an element of romance runs through life here on Earth. Yes, I believe in romance. In love. And I think it's a romantic notion to believe in god. In a Creator. Some super natural force. A god of love, I guess. I know beyond a doubt that love and romance exist. Because I feel it. I know it's real. I'm living it. Daily. So, I'm assuming this force is god. Not the god one finds in organized and orthodox religions. My god doesn't even require that one believe in god. One can be a true believer or an agnostic or an atheist. Doesn't matter. All one has to do is believe in love. And I do. Beyond a doubt. --Jim Broede

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jim: I tried to comment today on you blog and found comment provision on it was limited to send a comment with reference to the article to a third party. Not one to be daunted by technicalities I am forwarding my less than 300 character response to you directly. It stated:

You dip into theological debate. You choose to believe. Reformation wars waged on this. The P's won at Vatican II. It is an existential assertion: willing to seek faith in a Transcendence makes good sense!


Mike