Thursday, November 6, 2008

And that's where I am. Always.

I thought when I got older, I'd think more about death. About when I'm gonna die. And I'd wonder, "How long am I gonna live?' But I don't dwell on that. Instead, I'm enjoying life more than ever. I'm absorbed in the moment. In today. In the now. And it's rather unimportant how long I'm gonna live. Because I'm living. I'm alive. And conscious. And well aware that I'm alive and conscious. And really, that's all that counts. Well, maybe it's more than that. I'm also feeling good. And happy. And in love. And I don't make myself unhappy by speculating, "How long will this last?" Instead, I enjoy now. This moment. And why would I want to ruin this moment by thinking too far ahead, or for that matter, too far behind? What is gone is gone. And what is ahead is ahead. But now is now. And that's where I am. Always. --Jim Broede

No comments: