Saturday, December 6, 2008

But I get first dibs.

I think my cat, Loverboy, is in love with my girlfriend. We're hooked up with an audio/video connection on our computers. So we see and converse with each other on a daily basis. And invariably, shortly after we connect, Loverboy comes trotting in, jumps up on the desk, and looks at the screen lovingly. I thought for a while that this was mere coincidence. But he does it maybe 90 percent of the time. I speculate that he hears my girlfriend's lilting voice, and that pulls him in. Like a magnet. His name is Loverboy. For good reason. He's a genuine loverboy. My girlfriend has a fluffy hair-do, that looks a little like a lion's mane. Very becoming. I suspect that Loverboy thinks she's a cat. A big cat. Actually, she's not so big. A rather petite woman. But to Loverboy, she must seem immense. Just the kind of cat he'd like to fall in love with. But I get first dibs. --Jim Broede

No comments: