Saturday, January 3, 2009

...over not much of anything.

I know there are lots of bad things that happen in the world. Daily. Reasons to lament. To fret. Reasons to complain. But still, I am happy. Because I have a choice. To focus on what's going right around me. For one thing, I'm in love. I'm in good health. I'm not destitute. And I keep telling myself that I can't do much to change the world. But I can control my attitude. I can think positively. Or negatively. And I can take life one day at a time. Which gives me opportunity to have a good day. Oh, there's an occasional bad day. Not so many recently. But I've been able to overcome bad days. Often, they aren't as bad as I imagined. I find it's relatively easy controlling the immediate moment. Or today. But if I try to get too far ahead of myself, there's a danger of fear creeping in. That something may go wrong. That's an affliction called worrying. Fretting. Really, over not much of anything. --Jim Broede

No comments: