Tuesday, January 6, 2009

She tells me, keep on loving.

It'll be 2 years on the 18th that the bottom dropped out of my world. Or so I thought at the time. Jeanne died. For a few days, I didn't even know if I wanted to live. Yes, occasionally something devastating happens in one's life. Often, it's a death. Of a loved one. But really, there's always a bottom. One lands somewhere. It's not an abyss. Not a bottomless pit. That's the nice thing about life. It ain't all bad. So to survive one must cling to whatever one can. So many reasons and opportunities to get on with life. Life is supposed to be lived. And if one is constantly lamenting and feeling sorry for one's self -- well, that ain't living. I much prefer life over death. Give me a choice, and it's a no-brainer. I love life. Really do. Because there's an opportunity to love. Someone. Something. That's why I was born. Why I was put on Mother Earth. So I might as well get on with it. Rather than wasting my time. I am blessed. For every year of life that I'm granted. I sure wish Jeanne were still around. She is. In spirit. But not in this physical realm. But she can still talk to me. And she tells me, keep on loving. --Jim Broede

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

JIm

It is so good..to read this thread of yours..you made me smile..

you have survived..alzheimers may friend..

and I truly believe..you are blessed to have found..the secret..to keep on loving..

and your posts give comfort and Hope to others..Love Rosie