Monday, January 5, 2009

...strange things, strange reasons.

I like to be psychoanalytical. Of others. And of myself. I think that helps me understand people. And myself. And the world, in general. Some people don't like it when I try to get inside their heads. To see what it is that motivates them. But I find it intriguing. As for myself, I'm not afraid to probe. My own motivations. Helps me understand who I am. Can't be sure. But I have a good idea. I'm always discovering something new. I wish I could live to be 1,000, at least. Not to just learn more about me. But about others. And about the human psyche. Anyway, that's a little bit of what my blog is all about. Psychoanalysis. Meandering of the mind. Impressions. I find that my broodings tend to alienate some people. Evidenced by some of their comments. But some of 'em keep coming back. Even if I insult them. Sort of like they're hooked. Curious, maybe. They can't just say this guy isn't worth reading. Maybe it's that they are trying to psychoanalyze me. Which is all right. After all, I'm doing the same to them. I like some of my critics. The ones who try to be serious. When really, they are very funny. They bring humor to this blog. Without knowing it. Some of 'em have trailed me from the Alzheimer's message boards. Not because they like what I have to say. But largely because they don't like it. I guess that's the attraction. People are funny in that regard. People do strange things for strange reasons. --Jim Broede

No comments: