Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Time to cleanse our souls.

Finally, a president I can believe in. Solidly. Haven't felt this optimistic since John Kennedy. When I was a young man. Obama is an inspiration. A poet. An idealist. An intellectual. A new kind of politician. He's a man of the spirit. The long-time oppressed among us come to the surface. And they turn out to be our most precious leaders. They are our salvation. I tell you. I see something good. Yes, good. Good. Good. Sometimes, the worst (Bush) in us brings out the best (Obama) in us. I'm starting to feel proud to be an American again. I've felt shame for much of these past 30 or 40 years. Especially these past 8 years. Now it's time to cleanse our souls. To do the right thing. To be honourable again. To work for the common good. --Jim Broede

No comments: