Monday, January 19, 2009

We honkies are full of surprises.

I'm a racist, of sorts. Toward white folks. I'm not hesitant to call whites 'honkies' and 'bigots' and 'rednecks.' I suppose that makes me a racist. Even though I'm white, I tend to disparage some whites. Not the least being our founding fathers. Many of whom tolerated slavery. Some even owned slaves, such as Thomas Jefferson and George Washington. At least Washington had the decency to free his slaves after his death. But not Jefferson. And there's evidence that one of his slaves was his concubine. Yes, Jefferson was a hypocrite. A double-standard honky. He looked at black people as inferior. I suppose I shouldn't call Jefferson a name almost equivalent to the "N" word. But I think he deserves it. I guess that makes me a racist. And I can't blame blacks if they call us names such as honkies, and a lot worse. Sometimes, it's quite appropriate, from my racist point of view. But still, I'm getting a better feeling toward white America. Because many of us helped to elect Obama. Thought I'd never live to see the day. We honkies are full of surprises. --Jim Broede

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jim there are more slaves today than were seized from Africa in 4 centuries of the trans-Alantic slave trade. It is truly sad what you write. Soon be be President Obama isi for change. You claim to be 100% for Mr. Obama. Get over it. My great great grandfather fought in the Civil War. He fought to end slavery. He was with the 24th Michigan. (I have read this blog many times, even though I am from Michigan I too am not Maebee) He was one of the few in the 24th that came back alive. I am not sure what your great great grandfather fought for in Germany.
IMO you are no better than anyone you speak of being a hypocrite. It is time for a change how about you changing, leave the past in the past. African's sell slaves, more so than ever. You

Broede's Broodings said...

After the Civil War, we had Jim Crow for 100 years. We are still repairing the sins of our racist past. Racism has long been imbedded in the American psyche. We aren't so lily pure. We still have a lot of cleansing to do. Easy for us white folks to say 'get over it.' We ain't black. --Jim

Broede's Broodings said...

Slavery was never necessary. It's always been immoral. Wrong. Wrong. Wrong. From the beginning of time. Forever and ever and ever. It's shameful that the foundation of our country was built on slavery. Also, the existing gap between the rich and the poor. That's immoral, too. Wrong. Wrong. Wrong. --Jim

Anonymous said...

Jim lets talk about the sex trade slavery in Germany. That continues today.

Broede's Broodings said...

If you want to talk about it, then by all means go ahead and talk about it. I'm opposed to slavery in any form in any place. I see no possible moral justification for slavery. You seem to think there was justification for it in the U.S. for economic reasons. I don't buy that. If slavery is the only way for certain economies to survive -- well, then let the economies die. If you think slavery is all right, then I suggest you become a slave. Give it a try. I'm betting you won't like it. I suppose you'd rather be a slave owner. An exploiter. --Jim

Broede's Broodings said...

I think we have a wacko here, folks. Anybody who would defend slavery has to be a wacko. Maybe I'm being judgmental. But so be it. --Jim

Anonymous said...

I was the third anonymous. I now realize my sign off is not there.

I am not a racist, as I have a completely different mentality than our ancestors did. I think the United States has progressed greatly, since the early years. Only looking forward will continue that path. Dwelling on the past only feeds negativity. As one who seemingly advocates good vibes, and living in the present, why do you dwell on this?

I stand behind my belief that we owe a debt of gratitude to the slave population, for the beginning they gave our country.
Anon56