Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Faith...in the spirits.

It's a cold day here in Minnesota. And windy. Temperature is supposed to dip to zero tonight. But that doesn't bother me. Because I accept weather. Nothing I can do about it. Other than to learn to live with it. The best I can. I'll go out for a 6-mile walk tonight. Won't be a problem. Because I'll bundle up. Even wear a ski mask. My feet might get a little cold. Especially if I decide not to wear my heavy thermo boots. But I can put up with cold feet. Last night it snowed while I was walking. A light, fluffy snow. Rather nice. Today was sunny. That helped take the sting out of the cold. But I wouldn't have minded if the clouds moved in. I like clouds. Especially big, puffy clouds. Sometimes, I see better on cloudy days. Shades me from a bright sun. I really like atmospheric variety. I welcome thunderstorms. Often, I go out in 'em. I know I could get struck by lightning. But I have faith...in the stormy weather spirits. --Jim Broede

No comments: