Saturday, March 7, 2009

Find a better reason.

I wrote here the other day about liking it when I'm dislked. But don't get me wrong. I have nothing against being liked, too. It's nice to be liked. But I find it acceptable if people dislike me. Of course, I'd rather it be for a worthy reason. Not just because they don't like the color of my eyes. Or my nationality. Or my religious views. Maybe they don't like me because I'm mean. But then, that's a wrong reason, too. Because I'm kind. And compassionate. And considerate. And understanding. But sometimes, I come across as being superior. Now, that's a valid reason for disliking me. It's legitimate. Yes, I do feel superior at times. And I admit it. I have a superiority complex. That galls some people. They suggest that I'm really inferior. But all this makes me laugh. Because I have a sense of humor. And if that's why people dislike me -- well, that's a lame excuse for disliking me. Find a better reason. --Jim Broede

No comments: