Wednesday, March 4, 2009

I know how to live.

I try to live life the way it should be lived. By enjoying it. While I can. Yes, savoring life. That's why I'm in Arizona at the moment. Instead of in cold and blustery Minnesota. Oh, I like Minnesota. And I can easily put up with the cold and bluster. But at the moment, I prefer warm and sunny Arizona. Because it'll give me opportunity in the next 17 days to see my Chicago Cubs play about 15 exhibition games. I like baseball. But mostly the Cubs. My favorite team since I was a kid. I can even remember listening to a game the last time the Cubs were in a World series. In 1945. I'm still waiting for the Cubs to be in another World Series. This is the year, I suspect. I've been saying that every year since 1946. Might as well keep at it. Of course, there are things over which I have no control. But I've arranged my life in such a way that I can spend time with the Cubs in March. Another example that I know how to live. --Jim Broede

No comments: