Tuesday, March 17, 2009

What better place to sleep?

I go walking. Here in Arizona. Every evening. In the dark. It's a route of about 3 miles. Through a rather plush neighborhood. Very nice homes. Well-manicured yards. Lots of cactus. Neat sandy lawns. Blossoming flowers. And all the lighting is soft. Lots of amber. Nothing harsh. Southwestern adobe type architecture. But it looks rather art deco. Some nights, I think I'm in a time warp. That I'm walking in the 1930s. The era in which I was born. Anyway, some of the homes have big glass front doors. I can see inside. One particular home catches my fancy. I can see into the living room. In the middle, there's a round white fireplace. Haven't seen a fire there yet. But next to the fireplace, there's a tent. Sort of a teepee-type tent. So, I'm making an assumption. A grandchild is visiting grandma and grandpa. And what better place to sleep? In a tent. In a swank living room. --Jim Broede

No comments: