Monday, April 6, 2009

It seems like forever.

The more I read psychology and philosophy, the more I understand that I have to become my own psychologist and philosopher. Nobody has the answers. Other than me. I have to find my own answers. The ones that fit me. Answers groomed to make me happy. And fulfilled. Maybe I borrow a little bit of psychology and philosophy here and there. A conglomeration. But in the end, I am what I am. And I learn to accept that. I am a romantic idealist, a free-thinker, a liberal and a lover. And yes, maybe I deceive myself and I'm really not any of the above. If that's so, then I'm deceived. But still, I feel like a romantic idealist, a free-thinker, a liberal and a lover. It's my reality. Guess I've spent a lifetime trying to figure things out. And I keep coming to somewhat shifting conclusions. Because I'm constantly evolving. Fine-tuning. I'm never static. I don't have to know exactly where I am on a given day. Rather, I just have to feel comfortable with myself and reasonably comfortable with the world in which I live. It all seems to come together on days that I recognize that I am genuinely in love. It's been a long time. I can't remember exactly how long ago I wasn't in love. With somebody or something. It seems like forever. --Jim Broede

No comments: