Tuesday, April 7, 2009

We mortals...always a bit short.

Many blogs, it seems to me, are essentially journals. Often, daily journals. I think that's what 'broodings' has become. I'm sharing my journal. Making it public. Made something like 1,300 entries since it started. I allow for comments, too. Unless they get too derogatory. Too hateful. Because I'm just being me. And it's up to me to censor the distasteful stuff. Oh, I allow some of it. But at some point I cut it off. Maybe because I like myself. That's very important in life. Makes for a healthy, positive life. As for people who dislike themselves -- well, that's not good. Makes for an unhappy life. Oh, there are some people I don't particularly like. Still, I try to find something good about everyone. Even Josef Stalin and Hitler. They weren't totally bad people. Maybe just 90 percent bad. And even the best of people -- actual saints -- aren't perfect. Far from it. We all have our faults. I could be nicer to people, for instance. I could be kinder. More compassionate. More understanding. Sometimes my words are biting. I try to be reasonably truthful. And that can hurt. I also try to be reasonably intelligent. But sometimes, I'm plain stupid. Ignorant. I can't help it. That's what I am. Idiocy is ingrained in me. But I'm trying to learn. To become a better and smarter being. But it takes time. And effort. Unfortunately, we mortals always come up a bit short. --Jim Broede

No comments: