Friday, May 22, 2009

Speaking of fearsome.

We Americans are making terrorists far too fearsome. But they don't frighten me. I don't mind if they are housed in U.S. prisons. Doesn't scare me a bit. Even if one might escape. He'd be caught in no time. But Congress has balked at allocating funds to close Guantanamo because of public outcry that then the prisoners would have to be transferred to prisons on American soil. Well, so what? I admit that terrorists are, in many instances, crackpots. But we have all sorts of American crackpots. So it should be no big deal if we add a few from other countries. George Bush, Dick Cheney, Newt Gingrich and all kinds of our politicians are crackpots. And we put up with them. We're accustomed to crackpots wandering around freely. Even in the halls of Congress. I even have one in my Congressional district in Minnesota. A super-duper crackpot named Michelle Bachmann. She's a real lulu. Heck, if she's on the loose -- well, then maybe nobody should be locked up. She's as fearsome and crazy and illogical as they come. --Jim Broede

No comments: