Thursday, June 4, 2009

...a single-payer health plan.

When it comes to health insurance, I want the government to provide it. Not private insurers. The private sector wants to screw me. Make me pay for their obscene profits. Government doesn't want to make a profit off me. Health insurance is a necessity of life. Something that should be provided to everyone. Regardless of income. The private insurers are interested only in making a profit. Not in seeing that everyone is covered. Government, meanwhile, has an interest, or should have an interest, in serving the common good. I'll feel comfortable when we have a single-payer plan operated through the government. If rich folks want an even better plan -- well, they can contract with private insurers to get it. That's all right with me. As long as government provides the rest of us with the basics. --Jim Broede

No comments: