Sunday, October 4, 2009

A big-timer in the big-time.

I often think of myself as a big-time small-timer. In that I create my own little world. In which I make myself seem big. See, I admit to being only a tiny little grain of sand on a vast, rolling beach. But I cavort with other tiny grains in my immediate vicinity. And they become part of my world. My acquaintances. My friends. With them, I have some degree of influence. And I allow them to affect me, too. Usually in nice and pleasant ways. That goes for one in particular. My girlfriend. She has an overwhelming influence on me. For the very good. She helps me to feel big-time in my quaint little world. Actually, makes me feel as if I'm in love. So I conclude that I really am in love. That I am a truly living human being. With a soul and a meaningful connection to all of creation. Even a direct connection to gawd almighty himself. By golly, maybe that makes me a big-timer in the big-time. --Jim Broede

1 comment:

Broede's Broodings said...

I think we are what we want to be. In so many ways. --Jim