Sunday, December 20, 2009

Because I'm a nice liberal.

We liberals are nice guys. Moreso than conservatives. Yes, liberals are more likely to meet opponents halfway. To compromise. We're somewhat flexible. Unlike so very many conservatives. Conservatives tend to be ruthless. Suggesting my way or the highway. No room for movement. At times, I'm tempted to screw the conservatives. To not give an inch. To shove my way down their throats once I have the power. But I relent. Oh, I'll tell off conservatives in no uncertain terms. Call 'em jackasses, and far worse. But in practice, I'll usually give in a bit. And start acting like a gentleman. And even make significant concessions. For the sake of getting along. And to give 'em the benefit of the doubt. And to be fair. If the conservatives get downright abusive, I might even turn the other cheek a time or two. But eventually, I go kapow! Hit him in the kisser, metaphorically. Which means he won't be doing any kissing for a long time. But I'll apologize. Because I'm a nice liberal. --Jim Broede

2 comments:

Broede's Broodings said...

I suspect that liberals are just naturally nice. They have a yearning to work for the common good. --Jim

Broede's Broodings said...

Conservatives tend to be more selfish. They like to exploit people for their own personal gain. Makes me think they have rather shallow consciences. Or no consciences at all. --Jim