Saturday, December 19, 2009

In awe, at the wonder of creation.

I'm convinced that there are other habitable planets in the cosmos. Maybe millions of 'em. If not billions. And that there's all kinds of life. Human life. And other more intelligent life than ours. Makes me feel good that life abounds. Astronomers are discovering more planets all the time. Already, reports of 400, and counting. Including a planet with lots of water. Only problem is it's assumed the water has turned to steam. Because it's believed to be at 400 degrees fahrenheit. The planet orbits around a sun that's 40 light years away from Earth. Which means that it takes light 40 years to travel there at a speed of 186,000 miles per second. That's relatively close in space time. The cosmos, of course, is immense. Almost beyond human comprehension. With billions of galaxies, each with huge clusters of suns, like in our Milky Way. Seems that I learned somewhere that just to travel across our single galaxy it'd take 50,000 years zooming along at the speed of light. That's fantastic. I look up at the sky on a clear night. In absolute awe. At the wonder of creation. --Jim Broede

1 comment:

Broede's Broodings said...

I want to take a form of life some day that allows me to circumnavigate the cosmos. I don't have to be god. But I want the privilege of being allowed to look directly into the face of god. --Jim