Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Get rid of the bigoted fans instead.

I'd like to see Chicago Cubs general manager Jim Hendry tell some Cubs fans to go to hell. Many Cubs fans, it seems to me, are lobbying far too hard for the Cubs to trade dissident outfielder Milton Bradley. And I say, don't do it. Because Bradley is a better player than anyone the Cubs would get in return. Some fans think of Bradley as a nut case. An unhappy player that feels maligned in Chicago. But Bradley is talented. And I think he puts forth good effort. Albeit, his sometimes negative attitude may need adjustment. Much of the criticism of Bradley has racial overtones. And I can't blame a black man for getting annoyed and even angry over that stuff. And let's face it. Some Cubs fans are racist assholes. That's why they want to get rid of Bradley. I'd rather keep him and get rid of the bigoted fans. --Jim Broede

1 comment:

Broede's Broodings said...

I'd like to see the Cubs make do with what they have. No big trades in the off-season. Just try to make everyone on the roster have a better season than the last one. Maybe bring up some young and promising players from the minor leagues. Just learn to play as a team. Adjust attitudes. In positive ways. Individually. But in ways that mesh with the team concept. I'm tired of and disillusioned by the old, traditional ways of bringing improvement. By making trades. When all that's necessary are new attitudes. --Jim