Monday, December 28, 2009

God: It's okay to be mischievous.

When people come here and gripe about my blog and what I have to say, I like to take 'em on. Lambaste 'em. Just for the hell of it. That's a price they've gotta pay. I don't wanna let 'em off easy. After all, the audacity. To tell me I'm wrong. It could just as easily be that they're wrong. And I'm right. Some nerve, they've got. I write this blog to cultivate my ego. Nothing wrong with that. So I've gotta make off as if I'm right. About everything. Anyway, I'm the boss here. The editor. The lord high potentate. Makes me feel powerful. Almost like a king. Not god, of course. I acquiese to the almighty. But I have conversations with him. And he seems to approve. Generally. I feel I'm on good terms with god. We're pals. Just the way it's supposed to be. And hey, god knows there's something of the devil in me. He'd have to be stupid not to know. Because he created me. And he tells me, 'Jimmy, boy, you don't have to be perfect.' I like it that he calls me Jimmy, boy. Because I dislike the name James. And 'boy' is all right. Makes me feel sort of young. Better than 'Jimmy, old man.' God keeps advising me to be a good boy. But he says it's okay to be mischievous. --Jim Broede

9 comments:

Broede's Broodings said...

I have to admit it. I love to be mischievous. --Jim

Anonymous said...

Well I, for one, am glad you get some amusement from your interactions here. Too bad, you don't get some wisdom out of it. You are a pastime; a diversion; a nonsensical amusement. You are like the little ball, hanging from a stick, which we dangle in front of our cats.

A "price they've gotta pay"??? As if any of this means one inkling, to anyone who posts here, once we close the page?? As if you really effect anyone??? As if ANYONE really cares if you are right or wrong?? What difference does it make, in anyone's but your life??

"Take 'em on"???? HaHa, you couldn't handle that, in the real world.

As for your references to God: pure TWADDLE. Your "god" is some made-up creature, of your own mind, to suit only your needs. "Broede's god", as you have referred to him. Anyone who knows the true God, knows this is rubbish, that you print. Solely for the purpose of getting a response from anyone. I beg to correct you--you HAVE declared yourself "god-like", and put yourself right up there, with YOUR "god".

" And invariably he tells me to do the kind thing, the loving thing. And that if it involves other people, I’m supposed to give the others the benefit of the doubt. And not to be too judgmental." So, you really pay attention to your "god"? AND, he/she/it approves just the opposite? Just proves he/she/it is all make-believe.

Don't stress yourself, telling me to "lighten up". As I said, no one even thinks about all of this, one we close the page.

Yawn

Broede's Broodings said...

Makes me wonder why you even bother opening the page. And writing a reply. Are you addicted to my blog? You can't resist, can you? --Jim

Broede's Broodings said...

Try staying away for a month. Bet you can't do it. --Jim

Broede's Broodings said...

But I'm a pleasant addiction, aren't I? Little wonder that you have succumbed to my wily ways. --Jim

Broede's Broodings said...

You're fascinated, aren't you? --Jim

Broede's Broodings said...

God also has warned me about fundamentalists like you. He says you've misconstrued his real personality. --Jim

Broede's Broodings said...

That you take things too literally. --Jim

Anonymous said...

Totally expected answer.