Monday, December 14, 2009

It takes one to know one.

Joe Lieberman is an ass. Stubborn. Immoveable. And most likely, quite vindictive. It's the latter trait that's scary. The other stuff is relatively minor. It's all right to be an ass. And stubborn. And immoveable. After all, that describes me to a tee. But being vindictive. That's a sin, isn't it? Like Lieberman, I'm an ass, stubborn and immoveable. But I hope to gawd that I'm not vindictive. That I don't hold a grudge. I'll make fun of people I disagree with. But for the most part, it's relatively good-natured. Just an honest disagreement. But hey, I do run into vindictive people. Intent on being cruel. Because they've been slighted. And I think Joe Lieberman feels slighted by the Democrats. He's become an independent. In name, at least. Because he wasn't backed by Democrats in his reelection bid to the U.S. Senate from Connecticut. But he ran anyway, and won, as a so-called Independent. Though he still caucuses with the Democrats. But he's really a Republican at heart. That is, if he's truly vindictive. He wants to block the majority Democrats from passing health care reform. And he says he'll vote with Republicans to filibuster health care reform favored by a majority of Democrats. That means to pass the legislation in the Senate, the Democrats need 60 votes instead of a simple majority of 51. The filibuster is an arcane rule. But an effective one in stopping the majority from having its way. Anyway, for Lieberman, it's a tool especially tailored to allow him to be vindictive. If he so chooses. Of course, the Democrats could retaliate and strip Lieberman of seniority and the chairmanship of the Homeland Security committee. But I'd recommend against that. Because that would be vindictive. And maybe Lieberman is only standing up for principle. For his true belief. That the Democrats' health care reform bill is truly bad. And therefore he should block it. At any cost. Yes, out of sheer principle rather than vindictiveness. Maybe everyone should be given the benefit of the doubt. Even Lieberman. But still, there's no denying that Lieberman is a stubborn and immoveable ass. Yes, a genuine ass. And I know that. Because it takes one to know one. --Jim Broede

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are so very vindictive. You make fun of people who have disagreed with you in the past. You obviously do hold grudges. And, cruel people always justify their actions by saying "oh, it's all in fun", "they need to lighten up", "it's all good-natured"(as in kind and unselfish? Give me a break!)".

I admire those who stand up for what they believe is wrong. You willl see how wrong this whole fiasco is.

Broede's Broodings said...

No doubt about it. Humor is cruel to some degree. That's the nature of satire and parody. But golly, it's darn funny. Laughing at others' misfortune. Even at one's own misfortune. It's good for the soul. --Jim

Broede's Broodings said...

God himself has a great sense of humor. After all, he created clowns. Buffoons, too. Look at any Republican. Look at Joe Lieberman. Look at me. --Jim

Broede's Broodings said...

Laugh it up, lady. It'll feel good. Doesn't that grimace on your face hurt? A smile feels a lot better. --Jim

Broede's Broodings said...

Come to think of it. God even created snob ladies. Beautiful snob ladies. Funny snob ladies. --Jim

Broede's Broodings said...

Even the name. Lieberman. Sounds funny. Much more funny than Jones or Smith. Lieberman. Lieberman. Let it roll off your tongue. It tickles, doesn't it? --Jim

Broede's Broodings said...

And twist a name around. God. for instance. Spell it backwards. And you have dog. Spell my name backwards and you have edeorb. We could make edeorb a new word. With new meaning. Any suggestions? --Jim

Broede's Broodings said...

I even make fun of people who agree with me. I'm an equal opportunity provider when it comes to humor. I make fun of myself. And I agree with myself far more than I disagree. --Jim