Friday, December 18, 2009

Seeds from which opinions sprout.

I don't always know what I think. Maybe because I haven't had time to form an opinion. Or I don't care. Sometimes, I form a preliminary opinion. Just for the sake of doing it. And then I more carefully examine what I think. And I might change my mind. Yes, many of my opinions are in a state of flux. I find myself testing my opinions. Right here in this blog. I'm able to form opinions by baiting other people. Drawing them out. And what they have to say can influence me one way or another. Perhaps I come across as opinionated. But really, my mind is open to many, many options. And on many subjects, I have absolutely no opinion. Albeit, I might give an opinion. Just to see if it gets a response. And that plants seeds from which opinions sprout. --Jim Broede

1 comment:

Broede's Broodings said...

Sometimes it's good not to think. To just fall asleep. To rest the mind. Or to go into a dream state. Which is a little like entering another world. --Jim