Thursday, December 31, 2009

The whole world has gone crazy.

I'm not so sure that America is at war. At least, it doesn't seem like a traditional kind of war. The enemy isn't a specific nation. But rather loosely defined 'terrorists.' Or criminals. Similar to the Mafia. Or the Chicago hoodlums of the 1920s and 1930s. Or maybe they're merely religious fanatics. Yes, nuts. Individuals that hide super explosives in the crotch of their underwear. In attempts to blow up planes. We're fighting a band of crackpots. They like to turn themselves into bombs. Not only in the hope of killing people at random, but also of attaining an eternal reward in Nirvana. Access to scores of virgins. Yes, it's come down to a sexual thing. I've always thought of war-mongers as deviants. Mentally disturbed, and worse. If we are at war, we are at war against insanity. And in fighting the insane, we become insane ourselves. Yes, just listen to our modern-day patriots. Dick Cheney. Rush Limbaugh. Glenn Beck. Sarah Palin. Almost any Republican. They seem to be as mentally-deranged as any terrorist. And many of us acquiese. We surrender our rights. Even our privacy. Soon we will have to march naked to board a plane. To expose our genitals. To prove we aren't terrorists. Yes, we've reached the point of total insanity. The whole world has gone crazy. --Jim Broede

6 comments:

Broede's Broodings said...

All one would have to do is shove a stick of dynamite up one's ass, light the fuse, and the next thing you know you end up in a harem of virgins in Paradise. What a way to go. On New Year's Eve, too. --Jim

Anonymous said...

You are one sick puppy this morning!

Broede's Broodings said...

What makes you think so? --Jim

Broede's Broodings said...

I may be the only sane one left in the world. --Jim

Broede's Broodings said...

My pal god says I have a good grasp of reality. The fact that i believe in god proves it. --Jim

Broede's Broodings said...

I suppose there's a good crazy and a bad crazy. And I'm not sure how one decides which is good and which is bad. I'm assuming that I've chosen good crazy. Because I think I feel good. Yes, I feel like I am in love. With life. And with someone. --Jim