Sunday, January 10, 2010

I am what I am. And I like me.

I accept lots of things and situations without necessarily liking 'em. That's part of life. Like dear Jeanne, for instance, having Alzheimer's. I don't go so far as to say I hate Alzheimer's. Any more than I'd hate life. Life is a conglomeration of things. Things that one has to learn to accept. Like it or not. Death and taxes, for instance. But that doesn't make me any less a lover of life. One learns to cope. And count one's blessings. For instance, I had Jeanne in my life for 38 years. That's a real plus. Even during the Alzheimer years, I learned how to love Jeanne better. In a sense, I learned to appreciate Jeanne more than ever. Yes, the adversities of life can serve as learning experiences. As tests. Even as blessings. I often criticize America. The very country in which I live. I don't like the inequality. The wide separation between the rich and the poor. I don't like Republicans. Especially the neo-conservatives. But hey, I accept 'em all as part of life. Often, I'm disappointed. With the Chicago Cubs, for instance. The fact that they ain't been in a World Series since 1945. And they haven't won the series since 1908. But that doesn't make me any less of a fan of the beloved Cubs. Or make me any less of an American. I am what I am. And I not only accept me. I like me. --Jim Broede

2 comments:

Broede's Broodings said...

It's sad that many people don't like themselves. --Jim

Broede's Broodings said...

I think it's amazing that almost every thread in my blog draws at least one comment. Have you noticed? Some even draw two. Like this one. --Jim