Saturday, January 9, 2010

They've mastered politics.

I don't go into politics. For good reason. I want to be a gadfly. In other words, I want to speak my piece. Regardless of consequences. If I was a full-fledged politician seeking public office, I'd have to play the game. Become deceptive. And a liar. I couldn't be honest. And still get ahead. So I stay on the sidelines. And say what I want to say. The satirist Bill Maher would be the kind of candidate I'd vote for. He'd make a good senator. Even a president. But he couldn't get elected. Because he pokes fun at politicians. Moreorless tells it as it is. If a politician did that, he'd be doomed. Politicians are con men. They try to dupe us. And many do. They are masters at selling us a bill of goods. Sometimes, of course, we find them out. We kick 'em out of office. But many of 'em stick around until they die. They've mastered the craft of politics. Almost made it an art. --Jim Broede

1 comment:

Broede's Broodings said...

Politics may be the dirtiest game in the world. --Jim