Sunday, January 10, 2010

I'm all lit up.

I'm lighting up. Bringing more and more light into my house. Really, I've been living in the dark. With dim lights. With amber. It's soothing. But I've turned a new leaf. I want more light. So I have installed a track of eight lights in the living room. Pointed in every direction. Flood lights. They light up the place. Of course, I have 'em on a dimmer switch. So I can adjust the intensity of the light. But in the wintertime, it's almost like sunlight. In the kitchen, too. I used to have amber bulbs in the track lights. Now, bright daylight bulbs. Again, on a dimmer switch. So I can adjust according to my mood. My desire. Maybe I went through a somber period. When Jeanne was dying of Alzheimer's. I wanted to be soothed. Calmed. But it's three years now. And I'm all lit up. --Jim Broede

1 comment:

Broede's Broodings said...

The nicest light I have comes from within me. --Jim