Thursday, February 18, 2010

Ample reason to have big heads.

Baseball is very much a head game. And that's why my Chicago Cubs need a head doctor. A psychiatrist. I don't know why baseball teams don't hire shrinks. Players need to believe in themselves. They need confidence. Not too much or too little of it. Just the right dose. They need to take to the field with a bit of swagger. I think that last year the Cubs started doubting themselves early on. In baseball, that can lead to disaster. And too many lost games. I'd have a psychiatrist in the dugout for every game. Starting with the exhibitions. And I'd want the psychiatrist to be a baseball fan. Preferably a Cubs fan. Someone who believes in the team. And lets it be known. Maybe then the players will learn to believe in themselves. And for the first time in 102 years, the mighty Cubs will win the World Series. Yes, ample reason to have big heads. --Jim Broede

No comments: