Friday, February 19, 2010

I couldn't have made this up.

I'm living a fantastic life. No doubt about it. Just the fact that I'm alive and conscious. Amazing. Remarkable. Just to be able to think. To be aware of my surroundings. My environment. And other people. And creatures of all kinds. To see and smell flowers. To board a plane and fly to Europe. In 7 hours. To have a girlfriend. To touch her. To talk. To communicate. To listen to music. How can all this be? It's phenomenal. Yes, fantastic. Maybe it's all a figment of my imagination. Or a dream. Really, doesn't matter. Because I feel alive. Therefore, I am. I believe it. Beyond a shadow of doubt. I couldn't have made this up. --Jim Broede

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

No. you didn't, but you have no other responsibilities.

Broede's Broodings said...

I have a responsibility to live a good life. And that's a fulltime endeavor. Keeps me busy round the clock. But it makes life worthwhile and gratifying. --Jim

Broede's Broodings said...

What about your responsibilities, dear anonymous? --Jim

Anonymous said...

I have family and career-no time yet to be selfish.

Broede's Broodings said...

I have no time to be selfish, too. Instead, I have time to savor life. To savor love. I have had family. And career. And now I'm retired. And I love it all. I make time to live life. I've made the time for 74 years. No reason to stop now. I have time to be a romantic idealist, a free-thinker, a liberal, a lover. --Jim

Broede's Broodings said...

The selfish people are the people who don't make time to love. --Jim