Thursday, February 11, 2010

The most likely to alienate.

I gotta admit I know how to alienate or rile people. I'm good at it. I've spent much of my life doing it. I've practiced. And why do it? Because to some degree, I like to. It gives me satisfaction. Maybe that makes me crazy. Or weird. But come to think of it. It probably makes me similar to many people. Especially politicians. They alienate. If nothing else, they alienate each other. Look at the U.S. Congress. They fume at each other. Call each other derogatory names. Even liars. The president can't complete an address before Congress without someone shouting, 'You lie.' So I might as well join in. And see if I can act like a politician. And lo and behold, I can. It's easy making an ass of myself. Nothing comes easier. I'm a natural. If I ever ran for Congress, I'd brag during the campaign about being able to alienate folks better than anyone. That I'm damn good at it. Just ask my associates over the 74 years of my life. Even my fellow pupils in kindergarten will attest to that. At the age of 5, I was the class alienator. My senior class in high school didn't elect me the most likely to succeed. But rather the most likely to alienate. --Jim Broede

1 comment:

Broede's Broodings said...

I wouldn't mind being a class clown or a court jester. I especially like the costumes worn by the jesters in the Middle Ages. And I have respect for kings that hire jesters. --Jim