Friday, March 26, 2010

I am watching an amazing event.

The interesting thing about love is that one can't command it. It has to come naturally. Or so it seems to me. And that goes both ways. I can't just decide I'm gonna fall in love with someone. And I can't command someone to fall in love with me. A loving relationship has to be a mutual thing. I also suspect that true love is unconditional love. One accepts the other completely. Fully. Such love may be a rarity. Because many people fall out of love. A sign that it was conditional love in the first place. Little wonder that over half of the marriages in the USA break up. Eventually. And even many of the long-lasting ones may not be happy marriages. Yes, my guess is there are a fair number of loveless marriages. So, when I see true lovers, in a very long-lasting marriage, I marvel. I am watching an amazing event. --Jim Broede

No comments: