Tuesday, March 9, 2010

In this matter of trust.

I trust some people. Not many. A handful. Occasionally, even someone I've never met. Barack Obama, for instance. I don't like everything about the health care reform package. But I'll go along with it anyway. Because it comes recommended by Obama. Maybe he knows more than I know. That's a distinct possibility. So I'll trust him. Now if George Bush or any Republican told me the same, I'd not show the least bit of trust. I'd suspect they'd be lying. I have personal friends. Several. I trust them implicitly. That's not to say that Obama and my friends don't make mistakes. They might even disappoint me at times. But still, I trust them. I think my friends trust me, too. Anyway, in this matter of trust. I think it's an instinctive thing. Or maybe the vibrations. It's not as if someone has earned trust over an extended period. I just sense it. Almost from the beginning. --Jim Broede

No comments: