Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Until I loved.

I suppose my life has been spent mostly trying to find meaning. Not sure that I have. But I suspect the meaning has something to do with love. Love has always been an abstract thing. But it's becoming more meaningful with age. With time. I know when I'm most comfortable. It's when I am in love. When I am immersed in thoughts of love. I have become pleasantly obsessed with love. Used to be in my younger years I never gave love a thought. I was too busy with other things. Going through the motions of life. Rather than the emotions. I wonder how many of us go through life without really experiencing love. Because we are preoccupied with the other things. With making a living. Surviving. But then I suspect we haven't really lived. To tell the truth, I never felt fully alive. Until I loved. --Jim Broede

No comments: