Thursday, April 15, 2010

I love it all.

Now and then, I ponder what life would have been like if I had pursued a full-time career as a sportswriter. Actually, I was a sportswriter for a while. In my younger days. But then I branched out into other topics to write about. Such as politics. And personality features. I thought sports might have been too frivolous. Imagine that. More frivolous than politics. How naive. Of course, I'm entertained by sports events. Maybe sportswriters really are entertainment writers. Also, one might consider sports as a leisure pursuit. And what better way to spend a life? In pursuit of leisure. And fun. Maybe my conscience bothered me. And I wanted a more serious endeavor. But it turns out that life is what one makes of it. Seems to me that I'm in love with life. Period. Doesn't matter whether I'm writing about sports or politics or philosophy or the weather. I love it all. --Jim Broede

No comments: