Friday, April 23, 2010

I've got it all.

I'm fascinated by Italy. And Italians. Interesting how that happened. I just happened to visit Italy. For the first time. Summer before last. And I got to know an Italian. Quite well. And I went to Venice and Trieste and the Italian Alps. And I've been exploring the Italian culture ever since. Golly, I'm learning that I missed so much. Oh, I've been enamored with Germany and the Czech Republic, too. Because that's where my ancestors came from. But now I feel an attachment to Italy. And all things Italian. The scenery. The language. And the food. I used to think that German food was the best. No more. German food is good. Very good. But Italian food is supreme. The best. Anyway, I have attachments. To the USA, of course. But to Deutchland and Czechoslovakia and now, Italia. What a magnificent blend. I'm planning on going to Eastern Europe. This summer. To Prague. To Budapest. To Cracow. Traveling with an Italian. Makes me think I've got it all. Certainly, nothing less than happiness. --Jim Broede

No comments: