Friday, April 23, 2010

I've got my own soapbox.

I think everybody should have a blog. A place to go to daily. To say what's on one's mind. To express one's self. In sort of a public forum. It's good for the human soul. Too many of us are afraid to speak our minds. And our hearts. A blog is a place to be funny. And serious, too. To be a little bit naked. If not totally naked. I like to commit to the written word. It's solid. It can be read. Grasped. Misinterpreted. Calming. Annoying. My blog attracts a relative handful of people. People that like me. People that despise me. I like the blog. Because I have control over it. I can say what I want. But I don't necessarily have to allow idiots to have their say. Some idiots think they are entitled to speak in my blog. Maybe that's why they are idiots. They don't know better. Actually, most idiots are unaware that they are idiots. That's why they are idiots. If they knew, they'd wise up. Anyway, I'm allowed to say what I want to say here. If I went to another blog or web site, they'd too often try to censor me. Put restrictions on me. But I get around that. I suppose I could just as well go to the local park and get up on a soapbox and talk. I think they do that at a park in London. It's a nice practice. But hey, I've got my own soapbox right here. My blog. --Jim Broede

No comments: