Thursday, May 27, 2010

Let's build a new society.

I'd tell British Petroleum (BP) to go to hell. And I'd bring criminal charges against their executives. For spilling oil into the Gulf of Mexico. And if possible, I'd put the whole damn company out of business. I'd sue 'em for every penny the company is worth. Not only to cover the cost of clean-up. But punitive damages, too. BP has no business being in business. As I see it, BP is out to make money. Any which way it can. And it doesn't matter to BP executives whether in the process the environment is wrecked. I think oil companies like BP are more a threat to our nation and civilization than all the terrorists in the world. BP is public enemy No. 1. BP epitimizes everything that's wrong with our capitalist system. BP just goes ahead and does as it damn well pleases. For the sake of making quick bucks for its shareholders. BP doesn't calculate the common good into its mission. Now's the time for government to step in. And start regulating the capitalist system. From stem to stern. I mean the entire corporate world. Wall Street. The banks. Let's put an end to the reign of the rich. Down with the greedy capitalists. Let's build a new society. A new economy. A new order. --Jim Broede

1 comment:

Broede's Broodings said...

I have doubts that significant meaningful societal change will occur in my lifetime. But I always have access to my cocoon. In which I create my own little world. The cocoon is life's big saving grace. --Jim