Wednesday, May 5, 2010

The scary can be fascinating.

I like to talk to strangers. Especially if they initiate a conversation. But I'll also initiate on my own. When I was a kid growing up, I was shy. I wouldn't think about approaching strangers and making small talk. Or any kind of talk. But that was stupid. How else does one get to know strangers? Unless one opens up. Yes, make them feel comfortable. Or even a bit uneasy at the beginning. But as one makes good conversation, everything seems to become more relaxed. I especially like to talk to strangers when I'm in a foreign country. Such as Texas. Because foreigners are different. In so many ways. They have a different culture. And accents that I'm not all that familiar with. I've been to many countries. All over the world. But the most peculiar foreigners I've ever met are Texans. They're very strange. Reminds me of zombies. The walking dead. I suppose that can be scary. But the scary also can be fascinating. --Jim Broede

No comments: