Sunday, July 4, 2010

Having the best of two worlds.

The sport of soccer is starting to catch my fancy. Maybe not quite as much as baseball. But the more I watch soccer, the more I like it. The players are remarkable athletes. Very agile. And full of stamina. Most of 'em, it seems to me, would make good gymnasts. They can do back flips. Things that I could never dream of doing. Even in my younger days. I'm learning about soccer by watching World Cup matches. And I'm rooting for the Germans. It would have been a hard choice for me if the Italians hadn't been eliminated early. My loyalties are divided between the Germans and Italians. Because I have German relatives. And an Italian girlfriend. I'm having a similar difficulty in choosing my favorite food. Used to be, it was German food beyond a doubt. But I've discovered Italian food in its full splendor. I'm wavering. Maybe I can have the best of two worlds. --Jim Broede

No comments: