Thursday, September 23, 2010

Even in a downpour.

It's a rainy day in September. A bit cool. But still, I wanna go out and ride my bicycle. And I'm trying to convince myself that it'll be a treat. Riding in the rain. I play these kinds of mental games with myself. Suggesting that life should be full of all kinds of experiences. Maybe even riding a bicycle in a rainstorm. Just to get the feel of it. Fact of the matter is I don't want to let circumstances defeat me. Most people would forget about riding a bicycle on a rainy day. Not me. I'll dress appropriately. In rain-repellent clothing. And maybe with a silly-looking plastic shower cap. And a choker/scarf to cover my delicate and handsome lower face. Maybe I'll attract attention. And hear people proclaim, 'There goes that idiot Broede.' But that won't bother me. I want my exercise. And I'll get it. One way or another. Even in a downpour. --Jim Broede

No comments: