Thursday, September 23, 2010

Let Republicans burn in hell.

I don't mind paying taxes. It wouldn't even bother me if my taxes increased. To help pay for social programs to help the more than 40 million Americans living in poverty. It's a national shame. A disgrace. That we have people barely living from hand to mouth when we have about 2 percent of the population controlling about 80 percent of the wealth. And we tolerate it. And furthermore, we'll make the gap between the rich and poor even wider by electing Republicans this fall. Yes, the party of the rich will even get some votes from those living in poverty. Goes to show how stupid people can be. They lack education, and common sense, and don't know any better. That's just the way many of the rich plutocrats want to keep it. Let 'em live in ignorance and poverty. If they don't have bread, let 'em eat cake. Anyway, I'm thankful for programs such as social security and medicare. They are my lifelines. I'd gladly pay more to strengthen them. But many a Republican would like to eliminate these programs. The aim, of course, is to make the poor even poorer. And the rich even richer. I think that's a sin. For which Republicans should burn in hell. --Jim Broede

No comments: